Robinson House - 1849
Built on land purchased in 1840, the Robinson's original house was a one room, 400 square foot simple structure. Small even for the standards of the time, the house itself was so small because Robinson, his wife, and their children would spend most of their time outdoors - either farming or working in the house yard.
National Park Service, Archaeology Program. View Original.